Dr. Anders Ericsson's research on how to become an expert has proven it takes 10,000 hours to achieve extraordinary performance in a specific discipline. Greg Randall has over 40,000 hours (and counting) of time specifically on improving, creating, and developing digital/eCommerce channels for retailers.
About Greg Randall
Greg knows retail
Greg grew up in the family retail business. At the age of 26 he took over the full operation of six large bricks and mortar stores and the distribution center.
This deep understanding of "physical retail" provides Greg with a deep understanding of a retailer's pain points in effectively evolving into an omnichannel offering.
This appreciation and empathy for retailers makes him unique.
The idea for calling the business "Comma Consulting" came from the names of his children, "Cole" and "Emma". It's that simple, and keeping things simple is Greg's ethos when working with his clients.
All activities Greg undertakes with his clients are explained in business terms the client can understand ensuring a high standard of transparency. Coming from a traditional business background, business ethics and a high standard of professional conduct is important to Greg.
Greg Randall's Experiences
In the early 2000's, Greg founded a digital agency where client projects always focused on business KPI's. This was where the strategic planning services began.
Every digital strategy Greg created had one common goal, to lift revenue performance. However, to do this required Greg to work closely with the business to ensure amazing online experiences are being created.
Greg knew very early on, the only way a business can reach their goals is if they have a digital channel that enables consumers to fulfil their needs.
Greg has planned and led hundreds of medium to highly complex digital projects for some of the largest brands in Australia and New Zealand.
Greg is a senior level communicator, business and digital strategist, customer experience specialist, analytics/insight gathering specialist and project manager all rolled into one.
Greg Randall's Skills and Experiences - the detail
1. Greg founded a digital agency that quickly grew to become one of the largest eCommerce/Digital agencies in New Zealand and Australia. The focus of this agency was eCommerce, strategic planning, project management, eCommerce builds (utilising various eCommerce technologies including Magento), digital customer acquisition, user experience design, and continuous improvement disciplines post live.
2. Within his agency, Greg drove strategy creation and directly managed the implementation of all plans. Once projects were completed, he would conduct measurement disciplines to ensure the outcomes aligned to business goals outlined in the plan. Huge learning came from this process of auditing the alignment of actual outcomes to business goals.
4. Greg has in-depth hands-on best practice experiences in auditing site performance, through the use of analytical tools (Google Analytics) and making recommendations on how to improve the performance of digital channels based on data analysis.
5. Greg writes for Econsultancy, a global leader in publishing digital best practice content. Click here to view the articles Econsultancy has published from Greg.
6. Econsultancy is paying Greg to write a book on eCommerce best practice page layouts, due for completion in 2017.
7. Greg's expertise and experiences have been recognised by Econsultancy. Greg is now part of the "Econsultancy Faculty" a select group of international specialists who work on Econsultancy's global brands.
8. Greg worked alongside a US Organisation considered to be the top customer experience design specialists in the world. This organisation was at one point the usability and conversion optimisation consultants for Amazon.com and Google. Greg worked with these teams to deliver very complex usability/user experience projects for some of the largest brands in New Zealand and Australia.
Mark Jenner Head of Digital at
His analysis was thorough, insights penetrating and recommendations accurate, actionable and pragmatic.